Crafting Your Dream Home
Comprehensive plumbing and heating solutions tailored for your new home
Building a new home involves coordinating with various professionals, including Cloverhill Renewables, to ensure that your plumbing and heating systems are installed correctly and efficiently. Below is a detailed guide that covers different aspects of plumbing for new home builds in Ireland:
1. Heating System
- We recommend a suitable boiler size based on your home’s size and heating requirements.
- We ensure the installation complies with Irish building regulations and safety standards.
- Placement and sizing should be strategically planned for even heat distribution.
- Thermostatic radiator valves for individual room control may be recommended.
- We will discuss the feasibility and benefits of underfloor heating in certain areas.
- Proper installation to ensure efficient heating.
2. Hot Water System
Hot Water Cylinder
- Selection and installation of an energy-efficient hot water cylinder.
- Consideration for solar panels or other renewable energy sources.
Hot Water Taps
- Installation of high-efficiency taps and fixtures to minimize water wastage.
- Consideration of instant hot water systems for kitchen and bathrooms.
- Installation of energy-efficient and water-saving showerheads.
- Consideration for thermostatic controls for consistent water temperature.
4. Bathrooms and Kitchens
- Installation of toilets, sinks, and baths with water-saving features.
- Proper drainage planning to prevent waterlogging.
- Coordination with kitchen designers for proper plumbing connections to appliances.
- Consideration for water filtration systems.
5. Outside Water Supplies
- Installation of outdoor taps for garden watering and other outdoor needs.
- Use of frost-free taps to prevent freezing during winter.
- Proper drainage planning to avoid flooding during heavy rain.
- Consideration for rainwater harvesting systems.
6. Water Pressure
Water Pressure Testing
- Ensure water pressure is tested and adjusted as needed.
- Installation of pressure-boosting systems if required.
Pipes and Fittings
- Use of quality pipes and fittings to prevent leaks and ensure longevity.
- Proper insulation to protect pipes during cold weather.
7. Regulatory Compliance
- Verification that all installations comply with Irish building regulations.
- Necessary documentation and certification for regulatory compliance.
8. Maintenance and Aftercare
- Provide comprehensive user manuals for heating systems and fixtures.
- Schedule routine maintenance checks for optimal performance.
9. Heat Pumps
- Cloverhill will discuss the feasibility of using air source or ground source heat pumps based on your location and property specifications.
- If appropriate, we will select an appropriately sized heat pump that meets the heating and cooling needs of the home.
Integration with Heating System
- Coordination with the overall heating system to seamlessly integrate the heat pump.
- Consideration for hybrid systems that combine a heat pump with a traditional boiler for added flexibility.
Underfloor Heating Compatibility
- Check compatibility with underfloor heating systems for enhanced comfort.
- Ensure the heat pump can efficiently support both heating and hot water requirements.
- Discuss the Seasonal Coefficient of Performance (SCOP) to understand the efficiency of the heat pump throughout the year.
- Explore options for smart controls to optimise energy usage.
Ventilation and Cooling
- Consider the heat pump’s capability for providing ventilation and cooling during warmer months.
- Ensure proper maintenance to maintain optimal performance.
- Check for available government incentives or grants related to the installation of heat pumps.
- Ensure compliance with any specific requirements to qualify for incentives.
- Provide homeowners with information on how to use the heat pump efficiently.
- Offer guidance on temperature settings and maintenance tasks.